The Hangar Sport & Events Centre keeps the health and safety of our users, spectators, and staff at the highest priority level. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and prioritize our existing health and safety elements and protocols, as well as the precautionary guidelines provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) along with the Toronto Public Health Department (TPH). Medical experts and authorities have determined that most patients have mild symptoms and only a small percentage of patients have severe or critical experiences with COVID-19. As with most flus or illnesses, older people (over 60) and those with chronic illness are at increased risk for severe complications.
We are also taking additional precautionary measures throughout the facility, including:
- Cleaning staff and additional cleaning and sanitization processes and elements have been added to cover all areas.
- Signage and reminders for personal hygiene and handwashing have been placed throughout the facility, including all restrooms.
- Increased sanitization of public touch points, picnic tables, hand rails and door knobs.
Hangar Sport & Event Centre Staff Precautions:
- Eliminated all non-essential business travel domestically or internationally.
- Self-disclosure survey for all personal travel as well.
- Self-quarantine guideline for any staff that has traveled to a PHAC Level 2 or 3 country in last 14 days or has come in contact with family member that has made same travel.
In addition to all staff members, we also ask that all guests be aware of and use the following guidelines that have been issued by PHAC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean your hands.
In addition to all staff members, any guest who is feeling ill, regardless of their symptoms, should always refrain from visiting public spaces.
Finally, and again, similar to our own staff members, we also ask that any guest that may have recently traveled to, or through, a country currently under a Level 2 or 3 travel restriction from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) to please refrain from coming to the Hangar Sport & Event Centre until they have completed a 14-day home self-quarantine period following their return to Canada.