COVID 19 & REOPENING
COVID 19 - REOPENING
We are happy to announce we are open for outdoor and indoor rentals on a limited capacity under the provincial government's legislation!
Spectra Venue Management recognizes that the safety and well-being of our guests and employees is our top priority at the Hangar Sport and Events Centre.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect our venue guests:
- Additional cleaning and sanitization processes and elements have been added to cover all areas.
- Signage and reminders for personal hygiene and handwashing have been placed throughout the facility, including all restrooms.
- Increased sanitization of public touch points, picnic tables, hand rails and door knobs.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place in all washrooms.
- All Hangar staff will be required to do a temperature check and be below a reading of 37.6°C.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to local health authorities, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and The Hangar Sport and Events Centre and Global Spectrum Facility Management disclaims any and all liability related thereto.
Anyone coming to the Hangar Sport and Events Centre must take reasonable precaution before arriving at the facility. You should not be entering the facility if you have:
- Fever (temperature greater than 37.6°C)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different from seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID19 in the last 14 days
- Traveled internationally in the last 14 days
- If you are considered vulnerable or “at risk” (elderly individuals, immunosuppressed persons and/or individuals suffering from serious health problems)
Furthermore, if you do not have a field booking, or it is earlier than 15 minutes in advance of your reserved field booking, you are not permitted to enter any of the indoor or outdoor facilities.
All participants should wash and disinfect their equipment prior to and after each booking at the Hangar Sport and Events Centre.
COVID 19 - RENTAL INFORMATION
- Stage 3 at the Hangar Sport and Events Centre officially began on August 16, 2020.
- No sports games or scrimmages are permitted.
- All small-sided indoor fields can have no more than 10 people per field per hour. This includes the 3 small-sided fields inside the dome. Full dome rentals are currently not available.
- Each outdoor field is limited to a maximum of 25 people.
- There will be a 15 minute changeover between rentals and each rental group must wait until the field/area is cleared before entering the field of play.
- Prior to entering into a rental contract, all rental groups are required to submit an action plan upholding the facility’s, government’s and provincial sport organization’s Covid-related policies.
- The permit holder will be responsible for tracking their group’s attendance for each booking. The Hangar Sport & Events Centre reserves the right to ask to see the permit holders’ attendance for the purpose of contact tracing.
- No spectators are permitted. Parents/spectators are not permitted to congregate in the parking lot.
- All guests must arrive at the facility a maximum of 15 minutes before their booking and leave immediately after the booking has ended.
- Washrooms will be available for use. Please obey signs in the washrooms and adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Showers and change rooms will not be available for use.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in indoor spaces, except for when engaging in activity on a field of play.
- Hangar Sport & Events Centre is only accepting bookings made in advance – no drop in play will be permitted at this time.
- User groups are responsible for their own equipment. All equipment should be disinfected prior to arrival. No facility equipment will be loaned.
- Additional precautions should be practiced when addressing an injury situation. Special care should be taken when addressing small injuries (i.e. handing out bandages). When possible, a parent/guardian should assist in any care necessary.
- The Hangar Lightning Policy has been adjusted to read that if the game is stopped for severe weather, then the game is over in order to avoid gathering of participants in confined areas. All other Hangar policies, including the moving of goals policy, remain in full effect.
Please click here for more information on Field Rentals.
*Spectra Venue Management will continue to evaluate these policies and reserves the right to modify as needed without prior notice. Staff reserves the right to deny entry or remove patrons from the facility if they are found to be in violation of the facility’s rules or policies. As the province provides updates these guidelines will be adjusted accordingly.